We are currently recruiting for a Senior Care Assistant to join our dedicated, passionate team in Catham.
New £500 welcome bonus available!
- Up to £9.75 per hour
- Paid induction training
- Alternate weekends
- Free DBS
- Refer a friend scheme up to £1000
- Outstanding career development
- Fully funded training and career development (up to level 5)
- Blue Light Care discount package
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company pension scheme
- Staff appreciation incentives
- Full-time contracts available
About The Role
Victory Care Home has 51 beds, a CQC rating of “Good” and is set tucked away on the edge of town, backing on to leafy green areas with lots of local amenities on our doorstep, including the High Street and Library within walking distance.
As a Senior Care Assistant, you will supervise and lead a team of care assistants to ensure they are supported and have clear direction and guidance throughout each shift.
You will be responsible for ensuring that residents receive quality care in line with their person-centred care plans, and administer medication in accordance with company policy. You will ensure that the working practices of you and your team follow Health & Safety and infection control guidelines.
As a senior member of the care team, you will identify and report to care home management any changes in resident needs, and act as an escalation for any incidents or emergency events where required.
- Qualified to at least NVQ Level 2, and achieved or working towards NVQ level 3 (or equivalent)
- At least two years' experience working in a social care environment - preferably with vulnerable people over 65.
- Good demonstrable knowledge and experience of dementia
- Excellent communication skills and a real ability to show empathy to people under your care
We’re a family run business caring for people since 1986, this year we’re celebrating 35 years! With over 3,500 team members, we’re one of the UK’s largest care providers and are continuing to grow. With over 50 locations across our care homes, home care branches and live-in offices – there really is something for everyone.
We’ve been voted as the top care company to work for by Indeed, and our team agree – we’re proud that we average at 4/5* on employee reviews.
Equal opportunities are important to us at Agincare and we welcome applications from all.
**In accordance with the UK Government’s anyone working or volunteering in a care home will need to be fully vaccinated (both doses) against coronavirus (COVID-19). You will be asked about this during your interview and proof will need to be seen, we are more than happy to answer any queries you have.**